MISSION & OBJECTIVES
It is the objective of Vineyard Homes to provide care to all children / young persons to a standard of excellence which embraces fundamental principles of Good Care Practice, and that this may be witnessed and evaluated through the practice, conduct and control of quality care in the Home. It is a fundamental ethos that those children who live in the Home should be able to do so in accordance with the Home’s Statement of Values.
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the child’s overall quality of life.
- To ensure that the Care Service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion while respecting each child’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, and where appropriate the rights to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that each child’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, and disabilities or impairments.
- To ensure that the Care Service in whole is delivered in accordance with agreed Contracts for Care.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable child care needs to be met.
- To manage the Care Service efficiently and effectively to make best use of resources and to maximise value for money for the service user.
- To ensure that all children / Service Users receive written information on the Home’s Procedure for Handling Complaints, Comments and Compliments, and how to use it.